Monday, April 13, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Had a great day. We drove 1.5 hours to go pick up my daughter. Dropped the boys off at the pool, so Moira and I could go shopping. The first store we hit was Michaels. Didn't find too many bargains or anything too exciting.
Next we picked up my daughter, then off to pick up the boys before they turned into fishes.
Lunch time, went to the mall where there is a food court and the kids all had their favorite lunch. Took some goofy pics.
Then started the journey home, but had to make a stop at the minigolf course.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
This is for a cricut swap hosted by mnewby. I love using my cricut. I use it on almost all my layouts. It is the best thing to help with titles. I can not imagine havign to make all my own titles. I spent enough hours doing that when I was a preschool teacher and then when I did family daycare.
Here is school layout for the Cricut Swap hosted by mnewby. The journaling is the homework poem by Shel Silverstein
Homework oh homework,
I hate you, you stink!
I wish I could wash you
away in the sink.
If only a bomb
would explode you to bits,
Homework oh homework,
you give me fits!
I'd rather take baths
with a man eating shark,
or wrestle a lion
alone in the dark,
eat spinach and liver,
and pet ten porcupines,
then tackle the homework
my teacher assigns.
Home work, oh home work
you're last on my list,
I can't even see
why you even exist.
If you'd just disappear
it would tickle me pink.
Homework, oh homework,
I hate you, you stink!!!
**WARNING** LONG post...but lots of ideas and worth the read IMO ;)
After looking thru my stash of stuff...I realized I really need to get off my butt and start using some of this stuff....
I found this list on some blog so gonna try and make a layout for each challenge
I have made a few changes as there were some challenges I just knew i would never use as its not my style.. the blog that i got the idea from is http://sameoldscrap.blogspot.com/2009/04/new-year-100-challenges.html
1. Use photo corners
2. Dry Emboss an embellishment
3. Dangle something from the title
4. Mix letters for the title
5. Journal on a photo mat
6. Weave a fiberor ribbon behind title
7. Use your cricut
8. Make a monochromatic layout
9. Chalk edges of a photo mat
10. Decorate one side of photo mat with eyelets
11. Dangle tags from photo mat
12. Cut graphics from a patterned paper to use as embellishment.
13. Use a flower cluster
14. Do a vellum overlay over a photo
15. Do a layout without any embellishments
16. Use your favorite shirt as inspiration
17. Rubber stamp on the page
18. Hand write your journaling
19. Journal using a list (ie top fav things...christmas list)
20. Journal two points of view for each picture or a he said/she said layout
21. Use pop dots
22. Use your cuttlebug/sizzix
23. Use wet embossing on your page somewhere
24. Use ribbon in a unique way
25. Use buttons
26. Mix 3 or more patterned papers
27. Versamark your own background paper
28. Put your title down the side of the page
29. Use one word title to stretch over a double layout page
30. Use journaling strips
31. Put title letters on individual tags
32. Use one word adjectives to describe the person in a picture
33. Write a letter to the person in the layout
34. Pick key words in your journaling to highlight with borders or larger font
35. Embellish your page with a paper doll
36. Dot the "i"s in your title with an embellishment
37. White as a background
38. Use something you got in a swap
39. Use the name of a TV Show for a title
40. Use the name of a song for a title
41. Use the word Love in the title
42. Use the title only to explain your pictures - no journaling
43. Use crumpled paper on a layout
44. Use metallic paper somewhere in the layout
45. Use vellum on a layout
46. Use at least 3 shades of the SAME color on a layout
47. Use embossed paper
48. Use diamond dust paper
49. Use mulberry paper
50. Scrap any celebration
51. Scrap a family tradition
52. Scrap an event that includes some sort of food
53. Scrap a sports event or a game
54. Do a layout that includes toys in some way
55. Do an Animal layout (zoo, pets, could be Halloween, ??)
56. Do a Heritage layout
57. Do a WATER layout (beach, pool, pond, bathtub, rainstorm
58. Use a quote on a layout
59. Do a mosaic layout
60. Do a Totally Me layout
61. Do a vacation layout
62. Use a poem on a layout (extra point if you write the poem!)
63. Do a Holiday layout
64. Do paper tearing on a layout
65. Do a HOUSE AND HOME layout
66. Do a SCHOOL layout
67. Do a BEFORE and AFTER layout (diet, pregnancy, dirty to clean)
68. Make a page that moves - Pop-up or pull
69. Make a Christmas layout
70. Put memorabilia on a page (like coins, baby bracelet, tassel from
71. Use a journaling genie or a coluzzle (shape), etc to make a journaling shape
72. Use the same shape for your all your pictures, journaling boxes
73. Use glitter or a glitter pen on a layout
74. Use 5+ pics
75. Use Circles on a layout
76. Make and use a paper piecing
77. Use stars on a layout
78. Use 10 or more eyelets
79. Do paper weaving
80. Do paper PIERCING on a page (with a needle or tool)
81. Use 20+brads on a layout
82. faux-stitch on a layout
83. Use a decorative punch
84. Use decorative scissors
85. Use black and white pictures on a layout
86. Use a 5x7 or larger picture on a layout
87. Crop a picture into a shape
88. Use a keepsake pocket
89. Use fibers
90. Use charms
91. Scrap on an angle
92. Create a double page layout
93. Mat a photo multiple times
94. Use a card sketch as a layout idea
95. Use chipboard
96. Focus on one photo
97. Create a timeline
98. Scrapbook from a sketch
99. Scrapbook about friendship
100. Scraplift something
Sunday, April 5, 2009
found this on a blog somewhere--too cute not to share
Lament of the Stamper's HusbandA Poem for the Stamper's Spouse
She learned to stamp on Monday.
Her embossing was quite fine,
She forgot to thaw out dinner,
So we all went out to dine.
She brayed background Tuesday,
She says they are a MUST,
They really were quite lovely,
But she forgot to dust.
Wednesday it was birthday cards,
She says they are such fun,
Shading, blending, watercolors,
But the laundry wasn't done.
Her card swap was on Thursday,
Using green and blue and red,
I guess she was engrossed,
For she never made the bed.
It was shaker cards on Friday,
Using techniques she adores,
But she never seems to notice,
The crumbs on all the floors.
I found a maid on Saturday,
My life is now complete.
My wife can stamp the days away,
The house will STILL be neat.
Well, now it's come to Sunday,
And my forehead's feeling damp,
I screamed! I raved! I ranted!
THE MAID HAS LEARNED TO STAMP!!!